This recipe was created in memory of all those Sundays when we had broccoli, cauliflower and white cheese sauce as a side for lunch! It used to be the only way I could eat broccoli and cauliflower. How times have changed!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower and/or broccoli, sprinkled with salt
- 1 cup No Cheese sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cassava/tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons Herbamare salt
No Cheese Sauce
- ½ cup cooked sweet potato
- ½ cup cooked butternut squash
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons fried chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 3 teaspoons Herbamare salt
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, preferably odourless
- 3 ½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Steam the cauliflower and/or broccoli for 10-15 minutes until al dente.
- Add all the ingredients for the No Cheese Sauce to a high speed blender and blend on high until well mixed and smooth.
- Blend 1 cup No Cheese sauce, eggs, cassava/tapioca flour, coconut flour and salt in a blender until well mixed.
- Put the cauliflower and/or broccoli pieces in an oven dish, and pour the mixture over it. Mix gently so that the sauce covers everything.
- Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper and bake at 150C for 45-60 minutes or until set.
Another way to use the No Cheese Sauce is to steam 1 big head of cauliflower or broccoli for 10-15 minutes, cut into florets, simply pour the sauce on top and enjoy!