This truffle satisfies the chocolate craving and is full of good fats to keep you satiated for quite a while.
- 2 small ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons sweet potato puree
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 3/4 - 1 cup cacao powder (depending on how dark you like it)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract / vanilla powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (can be left out for nut-free alternative)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Extra cocoa powder / shredded coconut / ground cocoa nibs for coating the truffles
- Add avocados, sweet potato, coconut oil and honey to a food processor and blend until very smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Put the chocolate “dough” into a freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and take about the size of a heaped teaspoon, roll it into a ball and roll in your topping of choice.
- Store in the freezer. Let it stand for about 15 minutes to soften before serving.
If you do not have a food processor, a stick blender can be used instead.