These muffins are always a hit, whether baked for a party, enjoyed with your mid-morning tea, or savoured in nature whilst out picnicking.
The nutty flavour that the poppy seeds add to it makes you want to reach for another one!
Vanilla, Lemon & Poppy Seed Muffins
- ½ cup + 1 heaped tablespoon coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut or nut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Melt the coconut oil slightly to ensure it mixes well with the other ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, add together everything except the baking soda and mix well with a fork.
- Lastly, add the baking soda and stir in.
- Put cupcake liners in a muffin pan and fill about ¾ full with batter.
- Bake at 150C for 30 minutes, or until the cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!