Another easy recipe that is both nutritious and super tasty!
- 5 ripe & frozen peeled bananas
- 1 ½ cups cashew nuts, soaked for about 6 hours
- 5 tablespoons cacao powder
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Remove the frozen bananas from the freezer and allow to stand for about 10 minutes. It makes it easier on the high speed blender as solidly frozen bananas are quite hard.
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and process on high for about 5-7 minutes until well mixed and smooth.
- This ice cream is creamiest when enjoyed immediately. You can store in the freezer, but because it isn’t made in an ice cream maker, it will be a bit icier than the alternative. Still.Very.Good!
Make sure the bananas are ripe for sweetness. I don't use dehydrated cashew nuts here, just soaked. When soaking cashew nuts, I usually strain and rinse, and then either freeze it or keep in an air-tight jar in the refrigerator. You can use frozen cashew nuts in this recipe too, although I have found that it results in ice cream that is a bit crunchier.