These lovely chocolate treats include healthy fats to keep you saturated for longer!
Nutty Fridge Chocolate Blocks
- 1 cup cacao paste
- 150 ml coconut oil
- 3 cups shredded coconut flakes , 2 x 200g packets
- 1½ cups activated nuts like almonds, macadamias, walnuts or pecans
- 250 g dates
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- ½ cup cacao nibs
- Melt the cacao paste and coconut oil in a double boiler, or by putting the ingredients in a bowl and suspending the bowl over a pot with hot water.
- Add the coconut shreds/flakes, 1 cup of nuts, all the dates, salt and vanilla to a food processor and blend. If you are using a high speed blender like a Vitamix where the jug is small at the bottom, you may want to first process the liquid ingredients with the dates to ensure the dates process fine without causing your machine to seize.
- Add the melted ingredients to the nut mix in the food processor and blend.
- Lastly, add ½ cup of nuts and ½ cup of cacao nibs and pulse. Try not to make these ingredients too fine as a bit of crunchiness adds to this recipe’s success!
- Pour the mixture into an open dish and put in the refrigerator. It is helpful to take it out after about 30 minutes and cut it into small squares. Put it back into the refrigerator for about 4 hours, after which you can break it into the squares you cut earlier and store in an air--tight glass jar in the refrigerator.