Who doesn’t like thick cream cheese icing? Better yet when it is filled with nutritious ingredients that supplement your healthy lifestyle.
Note that you will need a high-speed blender like the Vitamix, or smaller version like the Nutribullet personal blender, to ensure that the icing comes out smooth and creamy.
- 1 cup activated nuts like macadamia or cashew nuts
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or powder
- 2 cups peeled & cooked sweet potato
- Add all the ingredients except the cooked sweet potato to a high speed blender and blend until fine and creamy.
- Add the cooked sweet potato and mix thoroughly by pulsing the blender in the beginning, and then turning it on high speed until smooth and creamy. You might have to use the blender’s tamper to ensure the ingredients blend well. If you are finding it difficult to mix all the ingredients because the mixture is too dry, add up to a ¼ cup of water until the mixture has a smooth and creamy consistency.