So, we get that not everyone is a chocolate fanatic like us. Try this lovely, moist paleo vanilla cake with Dairy-free Lemon Cream Cheese Icing. You will not be disappointed!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 ml apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind (optional)
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda/baking soda
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Add all the wet ingredients with the cooked sweet potato to the food processor and mix until the cooked sweet potato is blended thoroughly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the bicarbonate of soda to the batter and mix well.
- While it is blending, slowly add the bicarbonate of soda until mixed. Do not overmix.
- Add to preferred cake dish and bake in the oven at 150C for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until cake tester comes out clean.
You are welcome to keep the peel on the sweet potatoes for extra roughage. It will not interfere with the texture of the cake.