Love at first taste! I have been making Paleo Chocolate Milk mostly using coconut milk, but what I absolutely love about this recipe is that it is super easy – no straining involved. Just whizz up and enjoy. And the cashew nuts make for an extremely creamy and smooth ‘milky’ drink. Perfect and super tasty, both warm and chilled!
- 4 cups water (warm water for hot chocolate)
- ¾ cup activated cashew nuts
- 5 tablespoons cacao powder heaped if you prefer a rich dark chocolate flavour
- ¾ cup pitted dates
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon collagen powder (omit if vegan or vegetarian)
- Blend all the ingredients on high in a high speed blender, until smooth and creamy. This usually takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!