Love at first taste! I have been making Paleo Chocolate Milk mostly using coconut milk, but what I absolutely love about this recipe is that it is super easy – no straining involved. Just whizz up and enjoy. And the cashew nuts make for an extremely creamy and smooth ‘milky’ drink. Perfect and super tasty, both warm and chilled!
Cashew Date Chocolate Milk
- 4 cups water (warm water for hot chocolate)
- ¾ cup activated cashew nuts
- 5 tablespoons cacao powder heaped if you prefer a rich dark chocolate flavour
- ¾ cup pitted dates
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon collagen powder (omit if vegan or vegetarian)
- Blend all the ingredients on high in a high speed blender, until smooth and creamy. This usually takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!