These Paleo Pancakes are a great favourite in our house! We enjoy them sweet, with honey & cinnamon, Caramel Cinnamon Pancake Sauce or, as my son loves it, with cut up banana. But, the beauty of this recipe is that it doubles as a savoury dish, and tastes so good and satisfying served as a main meal.
Savoury Paleo Pancakes
- 8-12 Paleo pancakes
- 500 g ground meat, beef or lamb
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add the coconut oil, chopped onions, grated carrots, salt and spices, and stir-fry on medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Add ground meat and simmer for another 10-15 minutes, or until meat is done.
- Scoop two tablespoons of stir-fried meat mixture onto a Paleo pancake, roll, and enjoy with a side salad and deliciously healthy fermented vegetables like sauerkraut or kimchi.