This recipe doubles as either chocolate mousse or icing/frosting for cupcakes, brownies and/or cake, and goes really well with our Egg-free Sticky Chocolate Brownie! It is extremely smooth and creamy, and with the surprise sweet potato ingredient, filling as well! Spread it generously or fill small bowls and enjoy as a very decadent after-dinner treat!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups peeled & cooked sweet potato
- 1 small avocado
- ¼ - ½ cup cacao powder (use ½ cup for darker flavour)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3 heaped tablespoons of nut butter
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 9-12 pitted dates or 3-4 tablespoons raw honey
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process on high until very smooth.
- Spread evenly onto cupcakes, cake or brownie, or dish into small bowls to be served as chocolate mousse.
The mousse gets better with time and will last for about 5 days in the fridge.