If you are anything like us, you definitely do not lack a recipe for a divinely moist and dark chocolate brownie! But… do you have the recipe for a divinely moist and mysteriously dark egg-free chocolate brownie. Why no eggs? Glad you asked! Some of us on the Auto-Immune Paleo (AIP) eat plan are avoiding eggs, and then of course there are those individuals who are completely allergic to eggs or prefer not eating them due to being vegan or egg-haters.
So, if you fall into any of these categories, or simply like trying something new, this recipe is for you!
Egg-free Sticky Chocolate Brownie
- 3 large sweet potatoes, approximately 525g in total, washed and chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup tapioca or cassava flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons honey or 9-10 dates (for a vegan option)
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup water or coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and mix well, until sweet potatoes are pulverised.
- Pour into an oven dish (so that batter is about 2cm in height) and bake at 150C for approximately 1hr (or until the cake tester comes out clean).