Lovely little clusters and super easy to create! Once you pop, you can’t stop!
Chocolate Coconut Clusters
- 8 cups toasted coconut chips
- 4 cups dates
- ¾ cup cacao powder (more cacao makes for a darker chocolate taste)
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup cacao nibs (optional)
- Add the melted coconut oil and dates to a food processor and blend well.
- Add 6 cups toasted coconut chips, cacao and salt to the mixture as well and blend.
- Lastly, add the last 2 cups toasted coconut chips and cacao nibs and pulse until mixed. You don’t want this too fine to ensure the clusters have a lovely crunchy texture.
- Roll into balls and refrigerate to enjoy!
You are welcome to substitute the toasted coconut chips with shredded coconut. If you are using 8 cups of shredded coconut, you can add it all in step 2 above. Another option is to flatten the mixture out in a glass dish, cut into squares and refrigerate. After about 1 hour, the clusters will have hardened and you can dish them out with a fork and store in a jar. This is quite a sticky mixture, which could mean your food processor has trouble blending it all. In this case, we recommend that you blend the melted coconut oil and dates, put in a large mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients, and mix with your hands (a fun project for small hands!).