Smelling cinnamon on a rainy day makes me think of one thing only – pancakes! Because we haven’t been eating grains lately, it’s been a while since pancakes graced our pans. Until now! Needless to say, my husband was delighted when this recipe came to be.
These pancakes have a soft texture and are light and fluffy. It can be served as a savoury dish with ground meat or shredded chicken, simply with cinnamon and honey, or with our Caramel Cinnamon Pancake Sauce.
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1¼ cups water
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add the wet ingredients first and then the dry ingredients. Blend until mixed thoroughly.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. Make sure the pan is thoroughly heated before adding about 50ml pancake batter to the pan. Turn the pancake around when it starts browning at the bottom.
- Repeat until batter is finished.
- Top pancakes with Caramel Cinnamon Pancake Sauce, roll up and enjoy!