Smelling cinnamon on a rainy day makes me think of one thing only – pancakes! Because we haven’t been eating grains lately, it’s been a while since pancakes graced our pans. Until now! Needless to say, my husband was delighted when this recipe came to be.
These pancakes have a soft texture and are light and fluffy. It can be served as a savoury dish with ground meat or shredded chicken, simply with cinnamon and honey, or with our Caramel Cinnamon Pancake Sauce.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1¼ cups water
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add the wet ingredients first and then the dry ingredients. Blend until mixed thoroughly.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. Make sure the pan is thoroughly heated before adding about 50ml pancake batter to the pan. Turn the pancake around when it starts browning at the bottom.
- Repeat until batter is finished.
- Top pancakes with Caramel Cinnamon Pancake Sauce, roll up and enjoy!
Oil is added to the pan when you start, but no need to add more after this. Start by making a small pancake that is easy to flip. When you are sure the pan is heated through, attempt the bigger masterpiece pancakes. Often one tends to try and flip the pancake before it is ready. It’s best to leave it until you are sure it is lightly browned at the bottom before attempting to turn over.