This lovely creamy & smooth body butter smells so good you will want to eat it! And it contains powerful ingredients that support healthy skin!
Frankincense essential oil has been shown to reverse signs of aging, scars and stretchmarks, and treat dry skin.
One of the main benefits of Myrrh essential oil is that it helps to maintain healthy skin. It also soothes cracked skin, and is often added to lotions to relieve skin infections like eczema, acne, ringworm and athlete’s foot.
Beeswax is a very good skin moisturizer, it softens and rehydrates the skin without clogging pores, and supports the healing of your skin. It has been shown to inhibit the growth of certain bacteria that affect the skin and cause certain skin conditions. It is anti-septic and anti-inflammatory, and is therefore a common home remedy for treating acne. It has even been shown to support stretchmark reduction! It is also a very good option for dry, cracked lips!
Olive oil, coconut oil and shea butter are amazing skin moisturisers, with shea butter also aiding in the skin’s natural collagen production.
Can you list the same benefits from your commercial body butter? Even worse, can you identify most of the ingredients that are in there?
This healthy body butter recipe is super easy and affordable to make, and your body will thank you for it!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup beeswax
- 25 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 25 drops of myrrh essential oil
- Place all ingredients except the frankincense and myrrh essential oils in a glass bowl over a pot with boiling water on the stove top.
- Once all the ingredients are melted and mixed, take off the stove, allow to cool slightly and put in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove from refrigerator and mix with a hand blender until it is creamy and fluffy.
- Add the essential oils and mix well with a spoon.
- Store in a glass jar. Also lovely to put in a small jar and keep in your handbag as a hand cream or lip moisturiser.