It’s a mouthful! This tangy mayo compliments everything from salads to hamburgers to sweet potato fries to wraps. And the healthy fats from the coconut- and olive oil and cashew nuts make it quite filling. Definitely a nice-to-have in the refrigerator!
Tangy Cumin Cashew Mayo
- 320 ml cashew nuts, soaked for about 6 hours
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 3 teaspoons cumin seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ - ¾ teaspoon ginger powder (less if you don’t like the burn)
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and mix well, until a thick mayo consistency is reached. A high speed blender (e.g. Vitamix) works well to process the cashew nuts into a very fine, creamy consistency.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and use within 3-4 days.