You absolutely have to try our SUPERCHARGED Golden Milk recipe, which is the supercharged version of our AIP Golden Milk recipe. You might look at the ingredients and think NO WAY am I drinking THAT! Just try it out and be pleasantly surprised.
All the ingredients are anti-inflammatory and safe to consume by those who have a nut allergy or an aversion to coconut products.
And to top it off, this beverage is so nourishing that it can even be used as a meal replacement! The days that we eat our big meal early, I love to serve Supercharged Golden Milk to my children before bed. In fact, they actually ask for it. It is filled with gelatin, fat and spices that balance blood sugar, as well as carbohydrates to carry them through the night.
- 6 cups broth or plain hot water
- 2 cups cooked/baked sweet potato and/or butternut
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder - add an extra teaspoon if you love the burning sensation of ginger!
- 1 ½ tablespoons cinnamon powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil or it can be substituted with 2 tablespoons beef/sheep tallow
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- Put all the ingredients except the honey in a pot and heat thoroughly.
- Use a hand blender or a high speed blender (like Vitamix) and blend on high until a smooth, creamy consistency is reached.
- Add honey, pour yourself a cup and enjoy!