This is a lovely quick snack if you have berries and bananas in the freezer. I try to always keep a few frozen bananas in my freezer as it makes such a lovely ice cream. I like adding avocado for the added fat. You can serve this sprinkled with nuts or as a topping on our Egg-free Sticky Chocolate Brownie or Vanilla Apple Cake.
- 3 frozen bananas
- ½ cup of avocado flesh or about 1 small avocado (unfrozen)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- Mix frozen bananas, pinch of salt and avocado in food processor until smooth (separating any frozen banana clumps that form).
- Add berries 1/2 cup at a time. Blend until smooth. If you like big strawberry pieces in your ice cream, blend everything until smooth and add the last ½ cup of strawberries afterwards. Pulse until desired consistency.
- The ice cream is at its best when eaten immediately, but can be frozen for later. Enjoy!